- - - - -
Photo

Remove Ability To Stop Horses Immediately From Polearms

Hello everyone
Title says everything you need. Don't get me wrong, I am not a horseman or want to become one (I have about 200 out of 30k of my killings from a horse) but I think that stopping 500 kg horse immedietely is simply dumb, especially since sharp swords cannot do it.
Please answer, what do you think about it. I know that will help a little to cavs, but not that much: ppl start to focus on rider not on its horse, and hit will have more power if horse will be penetrate by spear, becouse it will still going after get hited.

Type: Item

17 Comments

If the horses can't be stopped it would be fucking absurd and give the riders a lot of advantage

• Francis_of_Lidenford likes this

Think of it this way: If there's nothing you can't do to persuade riders to charge a pikeman, the heaviest horses are going to rampage and crush the infantry without fear of standing in the middle of a horde of angry people

Photo
Sleekphantom
May 07 2020 13:15

yes lets turn warband into a flawless game like bannerlord

hahah yes veri gud idia ))

• Speedyyyyyy and Flaviuss like this

If you wanna talk realism then I think there are a bunch of major things in mercs that don't make sense (plate armor being shredded by arrows, no matter the distance or bow type, only crossbows being able to "wound" people, a tiny mace knocking down a fully grown man in armor, you get the point)

If we had all of these little tweaks taken out of the game, we would have a simulator. Since that would make all classes except shielder, piker and maybe light cav super OP, it would destroy the balance between players. Warband is a game, it's supposed to be fun for everyone. 

On a sidenote, can Homer please add the damn Armet and Froghelmet now? The idea that it "doesn't fit into the time" is not only silly (Masterwork plate for example is clearly from the same time), but it shouldn't even be a factor. So what if it might be 50 years ahead of some stuff, there are clearly much larger gaps between some of the gear (early pot helm on full plate armor lol) Also I refer to my point from above; It's a game and it will never be perfectly historically accurate.

• pegunCZ likes this

how horses work is hardcoded in the engine idiot

Not horses, polearm ability, learn to read. Stopping horses is same thing like bonus agains shield in axes.

Thats not a polearm specific ability you baboon

Interesting so what type of wep can also do it, maybe i dont know something coz im noob?

This would ruin my career

Photo
IHaTeCookie
May 11 2020 18:16

If you wanna talk realism then I think there are a bunch of major things in mercs that don't make sense (plate armor being shredded by arrows, no matter the distance or bow type, only crossbows being able to "wound" people, a tiny mace knocking down a fully grown man in armor, you get the point)

If we had all of these little tweaks taken out of the game, we would have a simulator. Since that would make all classes except shielder, piker and maybe light cav super OP, it would destroy the balance between players. Warband is a game, it's supposed to be fun for everyone. 

On a sidenote, can Homer please add the damn Armet and Froghelmet now? The idea that it "doesn't fit into the time" is not only silly (Masterwork plate for example is clearly from the same time), but it shouldn't even be a factor. So what if it might be 50 years ahead of some stuff, there are clearly much larger gaps between some of the gear (early pot helm on full plate armor lol) Also I refer to my point from above; It's a game and it will never be perfectly historically accurate.

frog mouth helmets are tournament helmets

frog mouth helmets are tournament helmets

So are the colored Great Lances.
Photo
KiymaliDanino
May 13 2020 08:08

Rather than removing it, even though it's impossible, fixing the poking stops would be awesome like even when it's just a dagger lenght distance between you and a pike It just gets ur horse stopped.

But still, It will get the game broken If It's tried to be fixed.

And It's warband, dont expect reality, there are feints.. :P

Rather than removing it, even though it's impossible, fixing the poking stops would be awesome like even when it's just a dagger lenght distance between you and a pike It just gets ur horse stopped.

But still, It will get the game broken If It's tried to be fixed.

And It's warband, dont expect reality, there are feints.. :P

It is not impossible when I read one of the suggestions from the old days, I saw that one of the spears did not have this ability, because Homer or another guy forgot to add it.

If this ever happens i will buy a big fuck off charger and destroy

Photo
Francis_of_Lidenford
May 14 2020 17:01

It is not impossible when I read one of the suggestions from the old days, I saw that one of the spears did not have this ability, because Homer or another guy forgot to add it.

Yeah, it's definitely possible to remove this attribute from certain weapons, but I really don't think it should be changed. Cavalry is already the most powerful class because thanks to their speed they can basically take part in multiple fights at once and spears are the only thing infantry has access to which can tone it down. Without the ability to stop horses, infantry would now need to successfully defend from a single cav a few times just to kill the horse, whereas a horseman usually needs only a single successful action to kill someone.

i dont like how i cant control how often i take breath, change it so i can chose the best moment for me to inhale oxygen to mu lungs, i think i'm not asking for too much

Remove... Horses...

yes