- - - - -
Photo

New Gamemode Suggestion -Players Versus Ai

Hi although im bit new to this community i must say i love playing mercenaries and often find myself spending hours playing it
in my over 600 hours of gameplay i never been soo joyful and frustrated at the same time (i think im bit angry about being new in this veteran community and die way too much :D ) i have a brilliant idea about playing in a defence vs AI setup (i know that im a new and unexperienced player just wanted to share a lightbulb howering on my head so pls don't be harsh to me)

pros and cons of the idea of human vs ai mode

Pros:
+No more waiting for someone to fight when you are only one left awake
+Playing against ai is surely a newbie friendly setting also i don't now if its just on my side but i couldn't join training server
+Encourages teamplay at sieges and battle i personally experienced lack of unity i.e. i was fighting 2vs1 trying to stay alive till my team reaches me and when i had chance to look behind i saw 9-10 teammates chasing down a full athletics guy and i got backstabbed by a 3rd opponent even with 600hours of block-faint-manuever-bayblade training i got rekt and i have seen similiar things like our team including me getting the flag captured because everyone was scattered across the castle
+A different way of entertainment when you are bored of other gamemodes
+You can add a backstory like a foreign faction tries to take over and mercenaries are the last line of defence or something...
+It Can Get more people to play and expand the community even more
cons:
+Setting up the gamemode takes time
+Making a new server or changing training(i considered it as not working)
+If its set to defend a vip i fear they will be some TK-TH sadly
+It may be considered to be a non-criminal gold mining way by some conservative old players (however i personally think thats not true you fight you earn in my opinion)
+can make the grind for gold easier if not balanced enough

so i wanna know what do you guys think about it?

-With Love(no homo LUL) And Respect,Sky
  • Konrad_Uberhart likes this

Type: General

20 Comments

Photo
Aristotel
Dec 22 2018 07:42

50% of the players are bots anyways

• Tamas, Nicolaasfokke, pegunCZ and 1 other like this
Photo
eternalsky
Dec 22 2018 17:53

50% of the players are bots anyways

Well yeah but they are not active 7/24 sadly

nordinvasion.com

Photo
eternalsky
Dec 22 2018 23:47

nordinvasion.com

can you customize skills and gear in that mod? if so i'll take a look at it when servers empty

Given the Fact you can Literally go 200 to 0 in NI with little to no effort, this would be way too over powered in collecting gold, unless each kill gave around 1 gold. With the higher skill level in Mercs as well this would only be boosted. This probably would never be added.

Photo
eternalsky
Dec 23 2018 21:38

Given the Fact you can Literally go 200 to 0 in NI with little to no effort, this would be way too over powered in collecting gold, unless each kill gave around 1 gold. With the higher skill level in Mercs as well this would only be boosted. This probably would never be added.

What if gold you get is based of your skills and equpment and gradually gets lower?Also what if its a triggered event when base players in site reaches lower than 10-20?

Photo
eternalsky
Dec 23 2018 21:41

Also checked out NI and it sucks not well balanced and you are restricted to use predetermined classes and equipment only allowed for each class

Balancing the gold gain would be done "per wave". How much waves you survive, that much gold you get, and reward gets higher by some small percentage every wave. Tweaking with the gains would suffice that you earn same as you would in battle or siege mode. That's on the plus side.

On the minus side, this requires next: one empty server which we can't do jack shit about. If you want to give us one server, i thank you. If not, that's where your dream ends. Then you will need one modder or codder or both, mapper too, to create maps, and to use invasion code, which you don't have access to. So yes, you have to pay for that as well. And then, after, IF, by some miracle you do create perfect balance, get us a server, find us a modder, codder and mapper and if you do pay for invasion code, that if you cant get it for free, and then implement that code in a specific mercenaries structure, you will also have one problem. Playerbase is very, very small. Good luck populating it without suffering on battle, siege and duel mode.

Mercenaries don't have codders, modders, we are very very low on amateur mappers too, and Homer doesn't want to have anything to do with this any more. So if you can't make it, don't bother suggesting. If we did have able people willing to create some weird stuff and spend hundreds and hundreds of hours trying to fix already ongoing issues, and to model new armors and weapons which we need, then your idea will be considered, in bannelord. That's about it.

• pegunCZ likes this
Photo
eternalsky
Dec 26 2018 02:44

Balancing the gold gain would be done "per wave". How much waves you survive, that much gold you get, and reward gets higher by some small percentage every wave. Tweaking with the gains would suffice that you earn same as you would in battle or siege mode. That's on the plus side.

On the minus side, this requires next: one empty server which we can't do jack shit about. If you want to give us one server, i thank you. If not, that's where your dream ends. Then you will need one modder or codder or both, mapper too, to create maps, and to use invasion code, which you don't have access to. So yes, you have to pay for that as well. And then, after, IF, by some miracle you do create perfect balance, get us a server, find us a modder, codder and mapper and if you do pay for invasion code, that if you cant get it for free, and then implement that code in a specific mercenaries structure, you will also have one problem. Playerbase is very, very small. Good luck populating it without suffering on battle, siege and duel mode.

Mercenaries don't have codders, modders, we are very very low on amateur mappers too, and Homer doesn't want to have anything to do with this any more. So if you can't make it, don't bother suggesting. If we did have able people willing to create some weird stuff and spend hundreds and hundreds of hours trying to fix already ongoing issues, and to model new armors and weapons which we need, then your idea will be considered, in bannelord. That's about it.

Well i can instead go to ankara and ask them to release bannerlord also Kebab removes you bureks LUL

Photo
eternalsky
Dec 26 2018 02:47

more realisticly speaking well maybe i can get a server maybe i can ask some modders in taleworlds community for an invasion coding but looking for modders codders and mappers to constantly work on it would be pain in the ass... So see you on bannerlord (hopefully it will live up to hype of 5 years)

Burek is made by muslims, lad.
Photo
eternalsky
Dec 26 2018 21:55

Burek is made by muslims, lad.

Serbians took it and many other food called it serbian food like they tried to take bosnia and kosovo but failed bc of local resistence and Turks help thats where remove kebab meme comes from boi ( not meaning to offend but your profile picture triggers more so  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )

What the hell, burek is bosnian, dont remember saying otherwise. Bosnian burek best burek. Dont care about your kosovo either, as serbia is a shitholle, and we need to take care of our country first, then we can deal with even bigger shits like kosovo is. You can take your borders and stuff it deep in the ass. If i get called for war that might happen because of people like you who are promoting it, and first to leave "to their grandma in germany" while we educated academic people are fighting for some shitholle we dont even care about, i would call that unjustified. You retards should kill each other, you are not made for better anyhow. Your "local resistance" is nato right? Because a bunch of peasants and drug dealers cant do jack shit to an army. As they did not. Shiptar, if you are trying to trigger me, you are failing. Your "boi" comment triggered me more than this wntire essay you made. Thats how much i care about your society. Kosovo serbs and shiptars are the worst people ive met in my entire life, and i say that openly. Heh getting triggered to my picture, like a true beta male. Check my profile if this triggers you. Fuck this society, people getting triggered by anything. Its easy to be an internet warrior, say your already weak brain cant even insult properly. Once the time comes i am sure that you, a very badass interned warrior, is goimg to volounteer to the front line. I wont do such a thing. Pathetic.

Well i can instead go to ankara and ask them to release bannerlord also Kebab removes you bureks LUL

could you fuck off with your political shit? absolute asshat

• Stark_khaf likes this
Photo
Aristotel
Jan 01 2019 22:27

Burek is turkish, but under their influence, many Balkan nations took it up

If you get annoyed because other people are better don’t go try hard nord invasion or you’ll end up like poor old Faravin :( 14k hours and can’t block a long spear :( we pray for him every day
    • Namakan and Teyrn like this
Photo
eternalsky
Mar 06 2019 11:50

What the hell, burek is bosnian, dont remember saying otherwise. Bosnian burek best burek. Dont care about your kosovo either, as serbia is a shitholle, and we need to take care of our country first, then we can deal with even bigger shits like kosovo is. You can take your borders and stuff it deep in the ass. If i get called for war that might happen because of people like you who are promoting it, and first to leave "to their grandma in germany" while we educated academic people are fighting for some shitholle we dont even care about, i would call that unjustified. You retards should kill each other, you are not made for better anyhow. Your "local resistance" is nato right? Because a bunch of peasants and drug dealers cant do jack shit to an army. As they did not. Shiptar, if you are trying to trigger me, you are failing. Your "boi" comment triggered me more than this wntire essay you made. Thats how much i care about your society. Kosovo serbs and shiptars are the worst people ive met in my entire life, and i say that openly. Heh getting triggered to my picture, like a true beta male. Check my profile if this triggers you. Fuck this society, people getting triggered by anything. Its easy to be an internet warrior, say your already weak brain cant even insult properly. Once the time comes i am sure that you, a very badass interned warrior, is goimg to volounteer to the front line. I wont do such a thing. Pathetic.

hey chill bill just messing with ya mate Take it EZ.Also thinking about alphas betas and omegas on a complex social sentinent beings is pathetic just saying :)

Photo
eternalsky
Mar 06 2019 11:51

Also checked out NI and it sucks not well balanced and you are restricted to use predetermined classes and equipment only allowed for each class

God is Serb !

Photo
Bloedwoud
Mar 21 2019 14:40

way not play Captain-coop mode on native Fire & Sword expansion

plenty people still active playing that daily

To be honest would't be to hard to do modification from there, but downside need F&S