- - - - -
Photo

Cw Referee Suggestion

I think that mercenaries should recruit some people to be referees for CW's as admins aren't always available and understandably don't really want to have to referee matches, obviously this isn't all admins but i think it would help having some dedicated referees.

These referees would only have the ability to do things on the CW servers which would include things such as the CW starting/stopping, switching sides, switching spec, kicking and so on.

I think this would help with the availability of referees for CW's and the like and would take a load off of the normal admins.

I made another suggestion about cw's here check it out pls xoxox.
  • chrisi, Megamen, TheOneAndOnly and 2 others like this

Type: General

27 Comments

Something like that was mentioned in the admin forums and it is a nice idea

It's already been suggested to Homer and there are 1-2 referees already I believe. I have absolutely zero desire to sit in spec and referee a clan match for 1-2 hours so I think all clan leaders should be given basic referee abilities on the CW servers (start clanwar, change map, ect). It's not like they would be able to abuse these powers since there would be a server full of witnesses if any foul play was going on. Also all of the server activity is logged so anyone abusing the powers could be removed straight away.

• SkyTime, Lt and ZombieJR like this

this is a very good idea.

Solda the clanwar referee!

Photo
TheOneAndOnly
Mar 23 2015 14:11

+1

+1

+1 Extremly good idea, Since some admins have expressed themself misspleased with attending cw and missing other activities.

It's already been suggested to Homer and there are 1-2 referees already I believe. I have absolutely zero desire to sit in spec and referee a clan match for 1-2 hours so I think all clan leaders should be given basic referee abilities on the CW servers (start clanwar, change map, ect). It's not like they would be able to abuse these powers since there would be a server full of witnesses if any foul play was going on. Also all of the server activity is logged so anyone abusing the powers could be removed straight away.

Having this but not the normal adminship sounds great to me, don't have to bother warning silly peasants because i can still revenge teamhit them, and I don't have to find an admin for clan matches either!

Photo
Sleekphantom
Mar 24 2015 11:35

I agree with Dawlish, however each clan should only have one referee.

For example: Fratres has three main leaders, however not all three should have the refereeing right.

Maybe the most trusted or most prominent?

Photo
TerrorFish
Mar 24 2015 13:10

Talking about yourself, Sleek? ;)

• Sleekphantom likes this

isn't like viator, defoe and malik leader? or xavis idk

Photo
Sleekphantom
Mar 24 2015 13:52

isn't like viator, defoe and malik leader? or xavis idk

Got one out of three right!

I agree with Dawlish, however each clan should only have one referee.

For example: Fratres has three main leaders, however not all three should have the refereeing right.

Maybe the most trusted or most prominent?

I don't see why it would matter too much, there isn't much damage you could do with extremely limited referee tools.

Photo
Sleekphantom
Mar 24 2015 15:23

True enough.

However clans are such things that people change in them constantly. Hence it shouldn't be bound to clans, but just trustworthy players

I just looked it up and when the fuck did the leaders Change Sleek? I remember like that 3 were leaders lol

I just looked it up and when the fuck did the leaders Change Sleek? I remember like that 3 were leaders lol

Defoe Craver and Sleek

Xavis is too inactive.

But all elder members or elder leaders help to improve the clan :)

However clans are such things that people change in them constantly. Hence it shouldn't be bound to clans, but just trustworthy players

crusade est. august 2013.

Photo
LastKnightOfCydonia
Mar 25 2015 12:22

BOC est. September 2011

BOC est. September 2011

died when cydonia left for a year so about june 2013

Korpi 2009

Photo
LastKnightOfCydonia
Mar 25 2015 18:20

died when cydonia left for a year so about june 2013

False, some jerk kept it alive even when I hauled my butt as far as possible.

Photo
Sedonator
May 04 2015 20:23

What happend to this one? I've had an CW today, and I literally had to search for an admin everywhere, until I found one Hugoboss, whom helped me out. 4 Admins have been in one Clanwar, and another one was afk, that means there we literally just one or two left, and since most people don't have all admins on Steam, this suggestion is actually really worth giving a try imo.

I was once a referee then for some reason I lost that status, must be Sandorra and his 'justice' again.

I would be a great referee......"clan A won on the infantry map but clan B won overall because they spammed archers and cav. As a result I shall deduct 5 points from clan B for being cunts so clan A wins."