- - - - -
Photo

Assassins Are Rising!

Assassins need a slight remake! :D

Notice how I didn't say buff since people would start judging me straight from the start. They are quite useless as of now, since they most of the time only have 6 str and 30 agi. Yeah sure, they run fast af and can sometimes spam you to death. If you have decent armor though, that won't be the case. Assassins are considered a major nuisance in mercs, and I'd like that to be changed. They could and should be the ones who use swiftness and stealth to their advantage, while delivering deadly killing blows to archers or any other unsuspecting enemy folks. Here I have some suggestions on how to make assassins a fun, different class to play!
Some of these suggestions may feel odd to some people, but not everyone likes playing the same 2hander tincan spamfest while being showered by a thousand arrows day-to-day.

Assassins deserve to be a proper class the same way that archers get to be that too, even though non-archers fucking want to crucify them (archers).
So here goes:

This is an simple one to do, and would improve the enjoyment of being an assassin by some 100%. Remove the "view outfit" button! It's not fun to sneak up on some archer fag while he's shooting somewhere far away, and then without a warning get 180 headshot just because of this stupid 360 degree radar of a button.
Another simple thing would be to add a script to make backstabs with daggers guarantee a 1hit even on bounce, be it by raising the damage of the backstab, or just making a backstabbed enemy die 100% of the time.
(If someone would put enough time and effort into this, backstabs could also have a custom sound on hit or even an animation if I'm going to hype this that much.)
Muffled footsteps while walking or falling, and maybe even silent weapon drawing. This could be a perk.
A decent assassin gets about 5 backstabs a round in siege on HH, and the rest of the time is dying of fagcher-fire or just randomly getting slaughtered while trying to get past them 2 chokepoints in each map. A way to deal with this would be adding a personal use rope/climb tool to get over walls. DO MIND that this wouldn't be available for all people/classes/builds, since having like 20 tincans climb walls on any spot they please would be just op. No. it would be for, let's say, minimum 27-30 agility required to use, similar to the difficulty stat of a weapon or armor requiring strength to use.
A kind of a stealth system: A perk allowing people with enough agility/light enough armor to become invisible to all enemies while being far away enough from them. For example, if an assassin is standing 10 meters or more away from an enemy, the enemy can't see him. But if he comes into the spotting radius, he becomes visible. To avoid timewasting the perk would be disabled for last remaining players in a team, like horse archery is disabled if the enemy team doesn't have any ranged weapons.
Perhaps removing the stealing perk from assassins to make them less hateable? This would probably make people happier about assassins being stronger. I'm not saying that assassins as they are now should be given more dmg for example. What I'm saying is they should be made the smart and sneaky player's option. The ones who don't want to rush straight into the enemy with their shields up and 2handers swinging. They should be the infantry equivalent of cavalry, where they would go for flanks, but not charging in on them. Instead they would be sneaking around into the backs of the enemy, or maybe in some maps and cases, above them. After that is done, they molest the enemy archers with brutal backstabs.
Right now it's mostly just mindless running around mobs and maybe getting a backstab in before you get 1hit.

Here on the bottom I'ma just remind you that no, I'm not a shit assassin. And also no, I'm not going to go play Skyrim to have myself a stealth system, while mercs could have it in a nice multiplayer environment.

Consider these suggestions actual improvements, not just some shit trolling.

Type: General

24 Comments

half the things u suggested arent even possible

True

Photo
Welsh_Lad
Feb 23 2017 15:36

Assassins are fine lol if not a bit over powered

Photo
GandalfThePinballWizard
Feb 23 2017 15:37

half the things u suggested arent even possible

You can start typing here which things are or aren't possible, since I expect an expert's opinion from you.

1. Not possible; it's hardcoded in the engine.

2. Could be possible, can't guarantee

3. Not possible unless you were to remove all "normal" step sounds and then re-add them for all non-assassins via mission template triggers. This would be increcdibly wonky and would also take up a lot of processing power.

4. Theoretically possible, would however require tons of workarounds and would also be either incredibly limited or wonky - or both.

5. Possible, but again, would take processing power - and I also don't believe that it'd be a good mechanic.

6. Obviously possible as it was added in mercs.

I put 3 and 4 as theoretically possible, but that is with incredibly large workarounds that no sane person would use, especially for 3.

This is an simple one to do, and would improve the enjoyment of being an assassin by some 100%. Remove the "view outfit" button! It's not fun to sneak up on some archer fag while he's shooting somewhere far away, and then without a warning get 180 headshot just because of this stupid 360 degree radar of a button.

Not possible. 

Another simple thing would be to add a script to make backstabs with daggers guarantee a 1hit even on bounce, be it by raising the damage of the backstab, or just making a backstabbed enemy die 100% of the time.
(If someone would put enough time and effort into this, backstabs could also have a custom sound on hit or even an animation if I'm going to hype this that much.)

Nope, not possible

Muffled footsteps while walking or falling, and maybe even silent weapon drawing. This could be a perk.

slightest chance about the silent weapon drawing, otherwise nana. not possible

A decent assassin gets about 5 backstabs a round in siege on HH, and the rest of the time is dying of fagcher-fire or just randomly getting slaughtered while trying to get past them 2 chokepoints in each map. A way to deal with this would be adding a personal use rope/climb tool to get over walls. DO MIND that this wouldn't be available for all people/classes/builds, since having like 20 tincans climb walls on any spot they please would be just op. No. it would be for, let's say, minimum 27-30 agility required to use, similar to the difficulty stat of a weapon or armor requiring strength to use.

Nope. nope nope

A kind of a stealth system: A perk allowing people with enough agility/light enough armor to become invisible to all enemies while being far away enough from them. For example, if an assassin is standing 10 meters or more away from an enemy, the enemy can't see him. But if he comes into the spotting radius, he becomes visible. To avoid timewasting the perk would be disabled for last remaining players in a team, like horse archery is disabled if the enemy team doesn't have any ranged weapons.

impossible

Perhaps removing the stealing perk from assassins to make them less hateable? This would probably make people happier about assassins being stronger. I'm not saying that assassins as they are now should be given more dmg for example. What I'm saying is they should be made the smart and sneaky player's option. The ones who don't want to rush straight into the enemy with their shields up and 2handers swinging. They should be the infantry equivalent of cavalry, where they would go for flanks, but not charging in on them. Instead they would be sneaking around into the backs of the enemy, or maybe in some maps and cases, above them. After that is done, they molest the enemy archers with brutal backstabs.
Right now it's mostly just mindless running around mobs and maybe getting a backstab in before you get 1hit.

i highly doubt people would like to see assassins stronger, so no.

Backstabs aren't designed to instantly kill,they just do 4x damage and the stuff about wallclimbing and invisibility is simply impossible

You are an idiot.

this isnt assassins creed

What the, assassins are retarded class and should't be in the mod in the first place. Suggesting something like that is utter stupid that's beyond words, not to say that 90% of those things you suggested are impossible. 

Photo
Lord Gaius FatCat
Feb 23 2017 18:39

Nothing is "impossible" you just need to spend time to do it. lol

OlJkT9s.jpg

Time which nobody has any interest to spend
Photo
The_MoNsteR
Feb 24 2017 06:42
Not sure if its bait or not
Photo
Lord Gaius FatCat
Feb 24 2017 11:29

Time which nobody has any interest to spend

Here's one : GandalfThePinballWizard

these are all retarded ideas, not even taking to account how most of them are impossible AND that homer is dead

please kys urself

kys faggot assassin

Photo
The British Bun
Feb 26 2017 03:13

A. Guys calm down, he is simply making suggestions.

B. No one likes Assassins because they run up behind you while you are in combat and either interrupt a fair fight or hit their own teammate like a retard. 

Calm down?

ohDKCIO.jpg

• Hugoboss likes this

Sorry, assassin really is easy to play and probably the only balanced class in the whole fucking game. Don't change it.

THE ONE HIT ON EVERY FUCKING ARMOUR FROM BEHIND IS STRONG ENOUGH

I can't believe you wrote such a huge suggestion for a mod that doesnt have a developer xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

• Remus, Trace_Legacy and Valandil like this
Photo
Trace_Legacy
Mar 27 2017 19:13

First time i see Wangeldo use ''xD''

nigger are u fucking braindead, u cant make people invisible in this gay jew mod